Thank you for your visit. Your links will be created in 30 seconds.
What is a Birth Injury Attorney and When Do You Need One?
A birth injury attorney is a lawyer who specializes in representing families who have experienced a birth injury. A birth injury is any injury that occurs to an infant during childbirth, whether it is due to a medical mistake, negligence, or malpractice. In this article, we’ll discuss what a birth injury attorney can do for you and when you may need one.
What Can a Birth Injury Attorney Do for You? A birth injury attorney can help you in many ways, including:
- Investigating the Case: A birth injury attorney will conduct a thorough investigation to determine whether medical malpractice or negligence played a role in your child’s injury. This may include reviewing medical records, interviewing witnesses, and consulting with medical experts.
- Assessing Damages: A birth injury attorney will help you understand the long-term consequences of your child’s injury, including any ongoing medical expenses and lost earning potential. They will also help you assess non-economic damages such as pain and suffering.
- Pursuing Legal Action: If your child’s injury was the result of medical malpractice or negligence, a birth injury attorney can help you pursue legal action against the responsible parties. This may include filing a lawsuit or negotiating a settlement.
- Advocating for Your Rights: A birth injury attorney will advocate for your rights and interests throughout the legal process, including representing you in court or negotiations with insurance companies.
When Do You Need a Birth Injury Attorney? You may need a birth injury attorney if your child has suffered a birth injury as a result of medical malpractice or negligence. Some common birth injuries include:
- Cerebral Palsy: Cerebral palsy is a neurological disorder that affects muscle coordination and movement. It is often caused by brain damage during childbirth.
- Erb’s Palsy: Erb’s palsy is a condition that affects the nerves in the shoulder, arm, and hand. It is often caused by trauma during childbirth.
- Brachial Plexus Injuries: Brachial plexus injuries are injuries to the nerves that control movement and sensation in the shoulder, arm, and hand. They are often caused by trauma during childbirth.
- Hypoxic-Ischemic Encephalopathy: Hypoxic-ischemic encephalopathy is a brain injury that occurs when a baby’s brain does not receive enough oxygen. It can be caused by a variety of factors, including umbilical cord problems, placental abruption, and medical errors.
If your child has suffered any of these or other birth injuries, it is important to speak with a birth injury attorney as soon as possible. A birth injury attorney can help you understand your legal rights and options, and can work to ensure that you receive the compensation and support you need to care for your child.
Conclusion If your child has suffered a birth injury, a birth injury attorney can help you navigate the legal process and advocate for your rights and interests. They can help you investigate your case, assess damages, pursue legal action, and advocate for your rights throughout the legal process. If you believe that your child’s injury was the result of medical malpractice or negligence, it is important to speak with a birth injury attorney as soon as possible. By working with a knowledgeable and experienced birth injury attorney, you can feel confident that your child’s best interests are being represented and that you have the support you need to care for your child.